1 Day CPD Cupping Therapy Course
Contact Wan-Hye on email@example.com
CPD Cupping Therapy Course OutlineReturn to Top ↑
Course Title: CPD Cupping Therapy
Course tutor: Wan-Hye Park
Course Duration: 1 day (6 hours), 10:30am – 5:30pm
Course Date: Please see on www.wanhyepark.com
Course Fee: £150
Fees are directly payable by chq's made out to your course tutor account
CCM cannot accept payment on behalf of each individual tutor
Course Venue: Maida Vail, London. W9 1ES
1. What is this course about?
This course will give you the opportunity to add your existing massage skills. It will enable you
to provide your clients with new technique which will enhance their treatments.
Cupping is a therapy in which a vacuumed (usually by fire) cup or jar is placed onto the affected
area or any part of the body for treatment purposes. This treatment is predominantly used to
disperse stagnation, detox the body and expel pathogenic factors from the surface layers of the
body in order to promote the circulation of the blood and Qi.
2. What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for qualified therapists or those with equivalent professional/practical
You should be able to:
- Follow instructions
- Express own feelings and statements of fact
- Read straight forward text fluently and take appropriate action
PLEASE SEE THE PRE-BODYWORK CHECK LIST BELOW:
The list below is a guide used when undertaking a professional bodywork course. We aim to
protect the health and safety of students in training and those they practise on during and after
the course, whilst providing widest possible access. If you have suffered from any of the
conditions listed, please check with a G.P if it is suitable to undertake a bodywork course. Bring
a referral letter from your G.P to tutor. If you have not checked, or if it is not suitable, please
do not participate in a bodywork class/course.
- A recent operation
- An untreated medical condition
- Bone or joint disorders (Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Cardiovascular disorders (high blood pressure, severe varicose veins, thrombosis, heart
- Endocrine disorders
- Knee problems
- On medication
- Pregnancy (or post natal)
- Severe skin disorders
- Severe mental illness
- Spinal injuries
- Is there anything else we should know about your health, please let the tutor knows
3. What will the course cover? (contents, themes, projects)
- Contraindications, Health & Safety
- Cupping history and benefits
- Cupping methods - flashing and non-flashing cupping with different type of cups
- Cupping massage mediums – oil and honey
- Cupping techniques
- Consultation form for discoloration
- A practical test
4. What can I expect to achieve? By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Be aware of Contraindications and Health & Safety requirements
- Explain Cupping history and benefits
- Understand discolourations after cupping treatment
- Understand using different cups methods and mediums depending on conditions and
- Identify TCM Back Shu points
- Perform a body treatment of cupping
5. How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Using handouts and diagrams
- Practical work
- Pair work
- Word storm
- Questions and Answers
6. Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
7. How will I know I am progressing?
Your progress will be regularly assessed and monitored by your tutor taking into account class work. The tutor will record your progress and provide informal, regular feedback throughout the course. At the end of your study program you will be asked to self-assess your own progress and achievement against the course objectives above. The tutor will endorse your assessment which will be formally recorded on the standard form.
8. Will I have a chance to give my views on the course?
There will be an opportunity for you to evaluate the course towards the end of the course
9. What qualification will I get?
If you successfully finish the course and passed the practical assessment, you will have a CPD Cupping Therapy certificate from the College of Chinese Medicine and 6 CPD points accredited by the Acupuncture Society.
TutorReturn to Top ↑
07723 031 454
Wan-Hye is an enthusiastic therapy tutor and actively practising therapist who has developed innovative techniques based on combining western anatomy and physiology and traditional western style massage with traditional eastern treatment theories and styles. Two of the treatments/therapies she has developed are Korean Hand Massage (KHM) and Meridian Stretch Massage (MSM).
She has been teaching in UK for 6 years at the City Literary Institute (City Lit) and the College of Chinese Medicine in London. Her main teaching subjects are Korean Hand Acupuncture (KHA), Korean Hand Massage (KHM) and Meridian Stretch massage (MSM), other CPD and advanced massage technique.
She first learnt traditional eastern therapy from experienced practitioners in Korea and Japan some 22 years ago, and then followed this with intensive and lengthy study in the UK.
For the last couple of years she has been a member of the Acupuncture Society representing the specialism of Korean Hand Acupuncture. She also represents KHA as a member of the Micro Acupuncture Regulatory Working Group which aims to ensure practitioners are all qualified to an accepted standard, registered and fully professional.
As a tutor she has trained successfully to achieve Level 4 through City & Guilds exams. She is a member of the Institute for Learning (IfL).
She is interested in efficient treatment for individual client’s symptoms with minimum pain for maximum effects. Specialising in asthma, migraine and PMT with KHA; and whole body circulation and posture, muscle tone balance through the massage treatments, her approach tends to the holistic.
Application FormReturn to Top ↑
Please submit this form and the course tutor will respond to your email to inform you of whether you have been accepted. If you have any queries about this course please contact
Wan-Hye Park on 07723 031 454 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acupuncture Society membershipReturn to Top ↑
Successful graduates from this course can apply for membership of the Acupuncture Society are entitled to use the abbreviations MAcS CM after their names the society can also arrange professional indemnity insurance at a very competitive members preferential rate
all members must be insured and log 15 hours of CPD per year (8 hours courses/seminars/workshops and 7 hours home study/research)Acupuncture Society Application Form
if they join the Society and adhere to its code of ethics rules and regulations and supply copies of their insurance.
Acupuncture Society members are exempted from Local Authority Licensing in many areas including Greater London please check with your local authority.
The annual membership to the Acupuncture Society is £50
Thank you for your application!
Your course tutor will contact you as soon as possible.
If you do not receive a reply within the next few days please call the course tutor.